My Button


Powered by Blogger.

May 18, 2012

Cute as a Button...


I've recently been wanting to rewatch a favorite movie of mine, Coraline. Its a shame Ive never read the book (even though I am a fan of Neil Gaimans other works), I suppose I will put that on my list of things to do.

Originally this started out as a series of doodles to keep me occupied until I could buy the movie, but I liked the sketch so much I decided to finish it up. Ive been experimenting a lot with painting, and adding more colors into the mix. Im still having trouble with light source. Obviously on this image the source is the button moon, but it looks like the light is coming from infront of her. To my defense the moon wasnt in the original sketch and wasnt added until much later. (Also look there are trees...behind the moon.. haha...ha)

2 comments:

  1. That came out great! You have such an amazing talent! I love the colors and the whole drawing(:!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is seriously amazing! Job well done :) and I loved that movie.

    xo, samantha
    sammyblackwood.com

    ReplyDelete