My Button


Powered by Blogger.

May 11, 2012

Hometown Ghost

My newest painting Hometown Ghost. It took approximately an hour and a half to complete. The birds nesting in the ribcage/lungs of a young woman was something I played around with in sketches for awhile. I wasnt sure exactly how I wanted to do it, in some of the concept sketches the girl was holding an empty birdcage on a chain, but that was scrapped for the bone arms. I feel like I could have added more detail, and I am sad a lot of the coloring detail was lost when the textures were added. I know there are some anatomy issues. I don't know much about the human skeletal structure or insides, but I did use some reference pictures.

Eventually prints will be for sale on my etsy shop, if I ever open it.

You can also check out the progress video.

Thanks for looking!

2 comments: